Gourock

Opened: 1st June, 1889.

Gourock Station is 3¼ miles from Greenock Central.


Caledonian Railway '908' Class 4-6-0 No. 909 Sir James King waits to leave Gourock with a boat train for Glasgow Central sometime before the First World War. This locomotive was built at the CR's St. Rollox Works and entered service in October 1906. It was withdrawn as LMSR No. 14610 in July 1933. [LPC/Ian Allan Library]